What Car Air Filters Do
If your car or SUV didn't have an engine filter, for example, pollutants would build up in its air intake, on its fuel injectors, and even on its spark plugs. If it didn't have a cabin filter, dirt, dust, and allergens would pile up along its many ducts and on its vents, quickly clogging both.
In short, air filters help your car HVAC and engine work as well as they can. Unfortunately, filters can wear out -- that is, if they don't choke with debris. When they do, other problems follow. Luckily, there are signs it may be time to change them. Keep an eye out for the following.
Signs Car Air Filters Need Replacing
- A lit Check Engine light on your dash
- A dirty or degraded filter
- Congested filter fibers
- Unclean smells in your cabin
- Unusual engine noise
- A stressed engine
- Engine misfires
- A reduction in fuel efficiency
- Significantly increased emissions
- Heating and air conditioning malfunctions
When to Change a Car Air Filter
To help prevent these sorts of problems, replace both your air filters regularly, approximately every 12,000 to 15,000 miles. If you're seeing any of the symptoms listed, however, it's more than likely replacement time. Luckily, you can buy new air filters from INFINITI online, right here at our auto parts department.
Stay Current on INFINITI Maintenance | Order Genuine OEM Air Filters Today
We carry only air filters made specifically by INFINITI for your model, so they'll fit it, guaranteed. What you need is in stock and ready to ship straightaway. Buy now!
No results found for "air filter". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!