There are three types of belts in your INFINITI vehicle: serpentine, drive, and timing. Like hoses, they help move the many parts that make up various automotive systems.
Working with a crank pulley, an idler pulley, and a tensioner, the serpentine belt helps run systems like the alternator and power steering. Drive belts, also called V-belts, run off the crank pulley, passing through and helping run systems such as the water pump, radiator fan, and more. The timing belt (or, in a newer INFINITI model, the timing chain) synchronizes the crankshaft and camshaft and helps prevent collisions between auto parts.
Sadly, no belts last indefinitely. Are yours going bad? Inspect them for the signs to be sure.
- Serpentine belt: at 60,000 miles or so, use a belt-wear gauge to look for cracks and shallow groove depths. Around 90,000 miles, replace it.
- Drive belts: look for looseness or tightness, adjusting as needed. If a V-belt is too loose or can't be tightened, if it has cracked or begun squealing, if you're having trouble with your alternator, or your engine is overheating, you may need to change it.
- Timing belt: look for damage and, if necessary, replace it. Otherwise, change it about every 60,000 to 90,000 miles.
- Timing chain: if you have one, it should last your engine's lifetime.
Otherwise, when to replace belts in an INFINITI car or SUV is a question with a simple answer: do it according to your mileage and be sure to follow the directions on the maintenance schedule in your owner's manual.
Get Your Car Repair Project Done Right with Genuine INFINITI Belts
You can order new ones from your brand online, right here at our auto parts store. We carry only the genuine OEM variety, too, so they'll come from INFINITI compatible with your model, guaranteed. Buy now, and we'll ship ASAP, with fast delivery right to your door.
No results found for "belt, serpentine belt, timing belt". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!