Your brake calipers are vital to how well the brakes in your INFINITI work. What they do is clamp onto your brake rotors, creating the resistance between rotors and brake pads that ultimately slows and stops your vehicle. How a brake caliper works, however, is a little more complicated. When you step on your brake pedal, your brake cylinder sends brake fluid back and forth using a network of brake hoses and valves. The liquid pressurizes your brake pistons, pressing the calipers and pads to the rotors. That's how you get the friction that becomes stopping power. The process produces lots of heat, though; eventually, it can negatively affect even the best brake calipers. It can decay their seals, even in normal driving conditions, and as a result, they can accumulate contaminants, causing rust. Luckily, the signs of brake caliper problems are easy to spot.
What Are the Symptoms Your Brake Calipers are Going Bad?
The short answers:
- Continuous grinding or squealing
- Irregular pressure when braking
- Brake fluid leaks (in your wheel area or engine compartment, specifically)
- The need to pump your brakes to get them to work right
- Pulling to the side when you brake
- An ABS warning or a brake warning light on the dashboard
In these cases, you should replace them. You can buy new ones online from our auto parts counter in just a few clicks. We carry only genuine INFINITI brake calipers, which means they'll fit the model you drive from the get-go. So, check another fix off your list -- order now.
No results found for "brake caliper, brake calipers". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!