The fuel system in your INFINITI vehicle is made up of several components: a fuel tank, fuel pump, fuel filters, and either a carburetor (in older cars or SUVs) or an electronic fuel-injection system (in late-model ones). Fuel systems come in different configurations. Some are in-tank pump (with a sucking jet pump or without), and others are either semi-in-tank or pump set. Their jobs: to keep gas flowing to your engine and combustion chamber.
How almost any fuel system works is simple. The fuel tank holds the gas. The job of the fuel pump is drawing fuel from the tank and sending it from the tank to the engine via the fuel lines. Oxygen sensors and emissions control systems work with the pump and either the carburetor or fuel injectors, all of which help regulate the amount of fuel that ends up there. Fuel filters help remove both production impurities and external contaminants in the gas in the process.
Unfortunately, fuel systems can have parts wear out or fail eventually, often just because of the direct relationship between use and age. Therefore, it's a good idea to monitor yours regularly for problems. Signs of them include:
- Starter issues
- Engine splutters
- Sudden power loss when towing or driving uphill
- Whining noises coming from your gas tank
- Worsening fuel economy
- High temperature-gauge readings
- Random surging (the feeling you're accelerating when you aren't)
Seeing any of these symptoms? Run a careful fuel system inspection.
Looking to Buy Fuel System Parts for Your Car or SUV Online? Order Genuine INFINITI
What your OEM designs for its models will fit them best. You can order what you need right here at our auto parts counter. We'll ship immediately, right to your door, and fast!
No results found for "fuel, fuel system, fuel tank, fuel guage, fuel filter". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!