There's a system of slats lining the edges of your INFINITI vehicle's windows and doors. The pieces are made of rubber and soft plastic, and screws and adhesive hold them in place. They're called weather stripping or simply weather strips, and they help keep both debris and the elements out of your interior (like the seals for door sills do). They even help your car doors close more quietly.
Unfortunately, they can wear out over time, eventually needing replacement. Luckily, there are signs that it's time. They include:
- Airflow through the doors or windows when they're otherwise shut
- Water stains, indicating seepage
- Moisture or wetness in strip channels
- Brittle, cracked, or otherwise worn-out spots on strips
Looking to install a new weatherstrip or two in your INFINITI? Fortunately, it's easy. Most often, it's as simple as observing the following process, in order:
- Remove the screws on the old strips and pull the latter away
- Remove the adhesive from the channels
- Dry the areas
- Reapply new adhesive to the channels and press fresh strips gently into them, being sure to align the strips correctly
- Hold them in place for a bit
- Replace the screws, including any with issues
Your INFINITI vehicle's steps may vary slightly, but afterward, you'll be all set! Just be sure to use the same strip lengths that you used before. The same goes for types of parts.
Keep the Interior of Your Car or SUV Safe | Install Genuine INFINITI Weather Stripping
Your best bet for the replacement project will be what your OEM makes. After all, INFINITI designs its weather stripping both to fit the model you drive (the popular INFINITI G35, for example) and maintain its original looks. You can order what you need online right here at our auto parts store. Buy today to take advantage of quick shipping right to your door.
No results found for "weather stripping". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!